And well - and change I am about to have!
So I might well be jumping the gun, but this week I was offered provisionally the position in Bougainville with Australian Volunteers International – it’s a 2 year position working in a small place called Chabai which by all reports is a place that’s run by the Nazareth Rehabilitation Centre. I will be their Training a
nd Development Coordinator answering to the Training and Development Manager.
The place has 11 staff, 5 of which are nuns, so I am literally off to live with the nuns for 2 years... Although there is almost nothing on the Internet, I stumbled across these pics today, and the place looks amazing, it’s beautiful and set up in an Eco environment - its described as 'Eden'.
This pic is of their garden.The centre runs a rehab programme, focusing on drug dependence, domestic violence and post conflict trauma – they also have internal and external training centre, and a community veggie garden and piggery.... Sounds incredible.
My job – it’s a bit fluid but coordinating internal staff training and team building, forming links with the community and government – applying for funding etc.... But once I am there – who knows!
It’s on the ocean, and apparently I have my own place (a place for visitors to come visit) – it will be a shock of culture, of work culture, very little internet access.... But beauty, heat and and and a whole new adventure....! And you can swim year round.... No nasties in this ocean!
What an opportunity – one too big to miss......
SO at this stage I leave mid January after a pre departure briefing early December. It is a provisional offer which can fall through still as the host organisation still has the right to refuse, and of course the police checks and health checks need to come back – but I have resigned. I leave late November after we launch our season...
So there you have it, my news!
Keep updated here, it will be the main source of information. I leave January so there is plenty of time....
I hope you are all well and smiling, life is too short not to!
Bex
1 comment:
Dearest Bex!!!
Wow, what an adventure! The photo is beautiful!!! It all sounds very exciting and you are so right to go for it! I think that you can count on 2 people living in Singapore to visit soon! Is there a France trip planned soon?
Love from all the Walkers in Touraine(Emmanuelle is officially a walker now... her crawling days are over!)
Post a Comment