Monday, 7 January 2008

Time is zooming.....

Well with Christmas past, the New Year is well and truly in and settling very quickly - time is speeding up and I only have 2.5 weeks to go before I fly to Brisbane for the night, and then onto Port Moresby on the 27th January... It will be here before you know it. As my nerves are starting to play on my mind, I am madly shopping, packing, organising, shopping, reading... Oh and did I mention shopping! I am fairly organised at this stage with a last few minute things to obtain (radio, solar lights, Aussie food, oh and my passport, visas and tickets) things are falling into place.

It was great to see the New Year in at Liptrap - I had a full 12 days down there which is unheard of and was just glorious.... But now its home and back to the business of preparing. I head to Coolum this Friday for 5 days to spend some time with close friends who spent 27 years in Fiji doing similar work and will have some good sensible preparation talk.... How to cope with the heat..... Some key Pacific Island traits to watch or enjoy..... You know the drill!

So as I organise, I am culling and cleaning up desktops, facebook pages and getting ready for life with limited Internet (get on the net, and do what you have to do quickly!!!! None of this hours with high speed connections for me anymore!). That's a gentle note to say if I accidentally drop you off something - please don't be offended, just give me a gentle nudge to include you back where you belong...

So life is great, exciting and just a wee bit terrifying (especially when you see how much STUFF I have to take up north with me!).

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Christmas and New Year - here's to 2008 (and I have to say personally, I am really rather glad to see out the last one!). Here's to many new adventures, stories and laughter in the new year.

Bec

No comments: