I am really not sure where to start, its been a long time, and I have been remiss.... It actually has not been the easiest 2-3 months since I last wrote both personally and in the assignment. But we volunteers signed up for this, we know there are ups and downs, and if you think its all cruisy you are sorely mistaken! Thats the point of the excersise.
But with challenges usually comes great rewards, and a lot of that has to do with the way you view the world and the hurdles that appear. We have been busy at the centre with Leadership trainings for villagers, we have had many many visitors, 2 other AVI's appeared for 2 months, and left again, great value. In the middle of that assignment a young German woman appeared, she is on her journey to become a Pastor with the Lutherian church and is going through a discernment process. All interesting, all great people, but makes for a very full village, and the pressure that then creates on the central person being Sr Lorraine is not fun!
But people come and they go, I stay - well for the moment.
The congregation went through its 4 yearly Chapter, I was the first lay person they have allowed to sit in and observe and teach the young sisters a thing or two about documenting big important meetings. It was indeed a privilage.
And now? Well now I am in Cairns, on Saturday I head home for a month before returning to what promises to be a very busy 10 months.
So I hope that you all (whoever actually looks at this blog!) have had a wonderful Christmas, and you were able to see the new year in safely and happily. What a year 2008 has been.... What an improvement on 2007! And what a year 2009 promises to be - full of life, love and friendship.