Tuesday, 14 August 2007

Be afraid.... Very afraid!

Firstly - apologies no new photos - I have recently purchased a new computer, so am starting the photo library from scratch. Please send me some of your pics to post!

I have been somewhat quiet lately - as a few of my friends will be able to tell you I am in an interesting mind space - I am currently reading a book called "The Power of Now" which talks about letting go of anger and things that have happened in the past that affect your current situation - but talks about embracing the now! Yes I know I know - I am meant to be completing study - that's another story!!!!

I guess it all started a few weeks ago when 2 friends and I started a challenge - and I throw this out there.....

The challenge is a month without whinging or complaining - about anything or anyone. And even for someone who is enjoying work and has a naturally positive outlook on life, its a really tough challenge. But after a couple of weeks, and a complete change in mind set, I find myself becoming more intolerant of other who are negative (because life is too short), and I find myself trying to inject positive outlooks. Its fascinating and well worth trying - your whole mindset changes, which in turn means that your outlook changes..... I challenge you to give it a go!

A whole month, and every time you slip, we wear armbands which then changes wrist so we can keep a track. Its also worth doing it with others - the support is beneficial!

As a roll on my latest is about giving a little back, discovering human compassion and empathy and just generally being a positive influence in my world - sounds all very philosophical and a bit out there and I guess it is. I have had an overwhelming feel of wanting to contribute and give back- contribute to a community growing and developing .......

I have been looking at some of the projects that the organisation Australian Volunteers International have advertised, and am thinking about a few years in one of the Pacific Islands - if they will have me (positions are competitive and my skills although useful, aren't specific like a nurse, engineer, teacher).

So seriously - who knows how long this will last, but for the moment, its an amazing feeling of freedom, happiness and excitement of not knowing whats next, living in the now and enjoying it.

Lets see what happens when Mum and Dad fly out for 2 months in France on Thursday - and I move into Hawthorn for 2 months....

Hope you are all well and smiling - and seriously - if anyone has advice about tendonitis let me know.

Cheers

Bex

No comments: