I have been lazy - but in my defence things have been chugging along here with not a lot to report.
For those of you not in the country, this winter has been one of the coldest in several years - getting to 0 degrees regularly - and living in my little ice box its no surprise I have just got the electricity most mammoth bill I have ever received - yes I have been using my carbon credits! I will work on that. Its been a real Winter, like we used to have, we are just not used to it...
On the brighter side, the past week has been very mild, and not so rainy so I have been back on the tennis court which has been great! Nice to have an enforced break, nice to break the break.....
For those of you who don't know, I have had an ongoing issue with my shoulder since October last year (there is someone I blame entirely for it but we'll leave that alone at the moment!!!!). I have had tendonitis in my right shoulder, which I now believe has aggrovated my AC joint - I haven't swum since January, and even then wasn't able to do 20 laps freestyle, I had to break it up with running, breast stroke etc... Its very annoying - yes I am seeing a physio (and it helps that my Pilate's instructor is also a physio)... I will be back to see Chris this week, and I want him to start looking not at the tendonitis as much as the AC joint, but there is a reason I am telling you all of this - who out there has had tendonitis and what have you done to get rid of it - I know that the obvious thing is to say, don't play tennis.... I have stopped swimming, I am not going to stop tennis! Its better some days then others - yesterday because of the way that I slept on it it was really soar, today it feels heaps better. But it catches when my arm it extended upwards! Yep its the serving/smashing position.... My smashes are not very strong at the moment! Annoying....
Anyway other then all of that things here are great - I am very much living in the day and enjoying - I am off to start to re-work some assignments today to get this study completed once and for all (we can only hope!).
Hope your all well and smiling - here's to some warmer weather - but keep the rain coming. We are up to 35.4% in our catchments - a sharp incline since the 27% a month or so ago.
And for those of you interested - the local political game is about to get interesting - our Premier of the State Hon John Brumby resigned from office on Friday, shortly followed by his Deputy Hon John Twaites... Brumby has gone I believe after 7 years, to give the new Premier a chance to settle in and get the support before the next election - there are some huge issues on the horizon here - the least of which is Water..... Brumby also has a son who has been in the media lately with drink driving and other offences, and I support the notion of now needing to get the family out of the spot light and spend some time at home.
It will be an interesting few weeks to watch!
Hugs to you all
Bex
Sunday, 29 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment